Search This Blog

Thursday, 19 November 2015

This Week in Comics!

    So first off I would like to apologize for not doing my weekly back issue review this week as I was extremely busy. So now that I've got that out of the way it is time to talk comics, this week I had a total of 5 books on my pull list they were: Batman Europa #1, Extraordinary X-Men #2, Star Wars #12, Star Wars: Vader Down #1, and The Mighty Thor #1. So the book this week that I have chose as the stand out for my review is The Mighty Thor #1. So without further a due lets get to the review!

     So for those of you that don't know when Jason Aaron embarked on this whole female Thor journey a while back I thought it was going to be stupid, then I picked up Thor #1 and was sold it was incredible and quickly became my favourite book on the market, so when the series was put on hold until November I was more than a little disappointed. But now we have the triumphant return of what is still my favourite book (just under a slightly different tittle) The Mighty Thor! First off if you haven't read Thor #1-8 by Jason Aaron go pick it up now as there will be spoilers as to who the new Thor is, so this book picks up where issue 8 left us, we now know Jane Foster is Thor and we all know she is dying of cancer, in this issue we get a lot of political commentary between different realms and we see how Jane is struggling with being both a dying mortal and the strongest god in the universe. This issue sees fantastic artwork and some great writing with a great reveal at the end of the issue! Overall I give this book a 9.2/10!

Ratings for the rest of the pull list:

Star Wars: Vader Down #1- 8/10
Star Wars #12- 8.3/10
Extraordinary X-Men #2- 7.5/10
Batman Europa #1- 9/10

What did you read from this week? What books caught your attention? Let me know in the comments below and be sure to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment