This week was a big one for me as I picked up 6 books total, which are as follows: Klaus #1, Justice League Darkseid War: Flash, Justice League Darkseid War: Superman, Extraordinary X-Men #1, The Amazing Spiderman #3, and Star Wars #11. Out of all these books I have decided to do a full review for Klaus since it was my favourite from this week, the rest of the books will get ratings out of 10. So without further a due here is my review!
Klaus #1 is written by the legendary Grant Morrison and drawn by Dan Mora. This is the first issue in what is going to be a six issue mini series. The story is that of Santa Claus and tells us what Grant Morrison pictures as his origin. Overall the book was written very well and gives a certain mid-evil times fantasy vibe and the artwork that goes along with the story is just gorgeous. This book does obviously change some things most notably Santa Claus's appearance, no longer is he a fat old guy but he is shown as a young man who is in very good shape. The story centres around a town where the children aren't aloud to have any toys and is ruled by a cruel Baron. I haven't got much more to go off at this point with out giving away too much. Overall this was a great start for this mini series and you can believe me that I will return for the next issue! Overall I give this book a 9.5/10.
Ranking the rest of the pull list:
Justice League Darkseid War: Flash- 8.6/10
Justice League Darkseid War: Superman- 7.3/10
Extraordinary X-Men #1- 7.8/10
Amazing Spiderman #3- 7/10
Star Wars #11- 8.2/10
What did you read from this week? Which books caught your attention? Let me know in the comments below and be sure to follow!
No comments:
Post a Comment