This week I am doing my film review a day early mainly because I have prior commitments for Halloween. So without further a due this week I will be reviewing the 1994 visual masterpiece The Crow.
First off the reason I chose The Crow is because I wanted to stick with the whole Halloween theme, second what better way to kick off my Blogs first week then with a review of one of my top 20 favourite films. For starters The Crow is a visual masterpiece and is beautiful to look at. Second the film has a rather gripping plot. I want to start by commenting on the obvious and that is a the death of star Brandon Lee during production. His performance in this film is fantastic and he will live on in the hearts of fans everywhere for the rest of eternity. The movie itself has a good pace and centres around a young couple who are going to get married on Halloween but get killed the day before. The husband Eric Draven (Brandon Lee) then comes back from the dead as an unstoppable force and seeks revenge for the his and his brides murders. This movie is action packed and offers up some classic lines from cinema history. If you have never seen The Crow I would strongly suggest this film, it packs a powerful punch and offers some touching moments.
My final score for this film is a solid 8/10.
What are your thoughts on The Crow? Let me know in the comments below and have a safe and happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment